My new favourite product is the Tim Holz Oxide Distress inks. They work so great on watercolour papers but I have found them to work really well on Vellum/Parchment paper as well. Here is a really quick card I made trying the inks out. The background watercolour card has been embossed and then wet and smooshed over the inks on an acrylic block. The stamped image was heat embossed with silver embossing powder and then sponged with distress inks and the peacock coloured with gel pens.
Nothing like cleaning and de-cluttering to find stuff you accumulated more than 20 years ago. I found a pack of templates I had bought which I thought would make great 3D type cards. Well I put them away and only just found them and for the life of me cannot remember what I am supposed to do with them. So because I love puzzles I eventually worked it out. I used some bits and pieces I had already die cut and put aside for use later. The main die is from the Detailed Floral Thinlits (Stampin Up) and the Rose is from the Stampin Up Rose Garden Thinlits. Glitter is from Elizabeth Crafts and gold Congratulations peel off from my stash. I attached the rose & background die with d/s adhesive paper and added the glitter. The large die is on acetate in the inside of the card and the rose sits on the front of the card. Not very easy to see the 3D effect but it is there lol.
This stamp set is in the new Stampin Up catalogue and at the moment is my favourite. My youngest daughter is obsessed with mermaids so this was perfect for her birthday card. I stamped the mermaid with White Stazon ink. Coloured her with Stardust gel pens and did some light embossing on her tail. There was not enough sparkle so I used Pergamano Sticky Ink on her tail and added some glitter, yes very sparkly now. I surrounded her with a Parchment circle with some lace work. Layered that on to a die cut scalloped circle and layered that onto a white base card stamped with circles.
A couple of years ago I was browsing through Pinterest, as I am sure we all do, for inspiration. I came across a card with a little gift box balanced on it. I then proceeded to try and find out to to make it. No luck so I just tried my own technique.
The card is your basic 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" size with the fold on top. With the card and folded I then opened it flat and scored at 2 1/2" and 4 1/2" and cut it to about 1 3/4" down to make a step.This what the card should look like.
View of card from the side
View from the top
All decorating can be done now. I used Stampin Up Fresh Florals DSP on the lower half of the card.The border on the top is from the Floral Phases stamp set. The sentiment came from That's the Tag stamp set. All stamping was done with the new Tranquil Tide stamp pad..
The next phase was making the little gift box. My box is a 2" box. The card stock is Tranquil Tide and decorated with Fresh Florals DPS.
Measurements for the box base is 6 x 6" scored at 2" all round. Cut your tabs and fold in and glue.
For the lid I finally after many tries got the size right. Card stock 4 1/16" x 4 1/16" is perfect for the lid to fit snugly with no gaping. Once you have cut the tabs fold and glue. Here is my finished project.
Hope you like it and of course you can put what ever you like in the box - candle, chocolate or jewelry.
Just finished this gorgeous bridal image for the Aurora Wings "Frame It " challenge. I printed the image on parchment paper. Did a little embossing around the edges. Coloured the bride and groom with my trusty polychromas pencils, added a bit of sparkle and a frame.